The Dynamics GP Blogster Best Articles of 2013

Well, this year was quite the year in the Microsoft Dynamics GP world! Everything from partner readiness training events for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 Web Client around the US., to Convergence in New Orleans from which I happened to walk away with a severe case of pinkeye (side note: what was it with that city? I heard of more than 100 people attending the Conference walking away ill with anything ranging from stomach flues, to fever, to pinkeye, to...well you get the point), to the actual launch of Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 and the web client, to the Microsoft Dynamics GP Technical Airlift in Fargo, ND, to the GPUG Summit in Tampa, to the MVP Global Summit in Seattle which counted for the first time with Microsoft Dynamics GP content. Who could also forget the release of the Business Analyzer Windows Store app and the marathon of features released with Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 SP2, forcing my dear friend Pam Misialek to write another set of Feature of the Day articles.

Wow! Just going through it all makes me tired since I attended all, but the Tech Airlift. Not to mention, I delivered Web Client training to partners in South America on behalf of Microsoft which took me to Chile and Venezuela and put on a 6-city Dexterity training roadshow on behalf of my company, IntellPartners.

By the time you read this article, I will have written a collective 71 articles for this year (I know, right! What a slacker, considering last year I ended with 101 articles), posted over 5000 replies to forums, accumulated over 30 virtual badges of some sort, and participated in over 30 projects with customers and partners.

However, what I always seem to come back to is you! You the reader is really what keeps me going. You come to this site from all corners of this world. Some of you I have met in person at the very same events I mentioned above. Some of you are my clients, some of you are partners looking for answers. Some of you simply find this site by accident through an unrelated search and somehow you manage to come back for some strange reason, but hey, I am not complaining! To all of you a big THANK YOU! So without further dues, here are the articles you liked the most this year (in no particular order):

1. Microsoft Dynamics GP on Windows Azure. Who knew so many of you were interested in Azure hosting. In this article I went through the process of provisioning all the way to installing Microsoft Dynamics GP web client in a Windows Azure environment - not without the snags. I have to say I learned a lot in the process and may be revisiting this very same topic next year.

2. Microsoft Dynamics Convergence 2013 New Orleans. This Convergence was the biggest yet with tons of product launches and customers success stories. It was also special for me as I participated for the first time in the Microsoft Dynamics GP General Session event.

3. Unable to Access Snap-In Config Data Store. Tell you what... So many people wrote me to thank me for a solution to this problem. HTTP Activation, will never forget that... ever!

4. Troubleshooting the Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 Web Client. After Convergence, everyone came back pumped up wanting to tackle Web Client, if only to test drive it. However, it wasn't without it's difficulties, so this was the reason to write this series.

5. How to Reset Business Analyzer Settings. Playing with BA certainly forced a lot of you to think about how to reset the app settings as opposed to install and uninstall each time. Thank goodness we found an answer together.

6. SmartList Designer. With the launch of GP 2013 SP2 came SmartList Designer which had a lot of you SmartList Builder fans freaking out. I think it's clear by now that SmartList Builder rules the world of build your own, but you cannot negate the fact that SmartList needed a little face lift and that Designer is a nice addition to it.

7. Rendering WinForms in Microsoft Dynamics GP Web Client. GP 2013 SP2 also had some nice surprises for developers, like the ability to render your WinForms in the Web Client. This certainly alleviated some of the heartaches suffered by many ISVs after the first announcements went out in 2012 that WC would not support form-based VST customizations.

8. GPUG Summit 2013. It seems that most of you enjoy my traveling experiences around conferences. Interestingly enough, I get more visitors to my blog when I relate inside conference experiences than when I do articles on other topics. The GPUG event wasn't any different, especially knowing that it was in the beautiful city of Tampa.

9. How to display parent company information on SOP documents. Not sure if you liked this one because you were having an issue or because it was done using the Support Debugging Tool. Whatever your reasons, you expressed liking the elegance of the solution. All fine by me ;-)

10. Microsoft MVP Global Summit 2013. The MVP Summit drew your attention just as much as any other conference I had blogged about. Frankly, it was a unique experience which I hope I can get back to in the upcoming 2014. Also love the fact that it was moved to nice time of the year (as in less cold!).

Not sure what 2014 writing will look like. However, quite a bit of events are coming to this site: Microsoft Dynamics Convergence 2014 in Atlanta, Georgia (register now); GPUG Summit 2014 in St. Louis, Missouri. The bottom line, I can't wait to fill you in with my experiences and hopefully some insight into product development (within what I can disclose).

So let's get ready for 2014 and keep up the readership!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Power Apps - Application Monitoring with Azure Application Insights

DBMS: 12 Microsoft Dynamics GP: 0 error when updating to Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 R2

eConnect Integration Service for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010